Brandon, I really appreciate the inversion here: begin with real work, define what would count as evidence, and only then produce a claim or credit. That is much closer to the original ambition behind Regen’s claims infrastructure than a market that begins and ends with an asset-shaped object.
I would sharpen one point in a way I think supports the project. The credit may be “exhaust” in the sense that it should not be the purpose of the work, but the claim layer cannot be an afterthought. The public object needs to preserve the relationship among the work definition, the evidence, the claimant, the reviewers, the decision rule, any challenge, and the eventual outcome. This is the deeper promise of a claims engine grounded in intersubjective verification: not one oracle declaring truth, but a legible process through which evidence and judgment can be compared, contested, and improved.
There is a useful interoperability path here that does not require a premature chain decision. I am interested in AT Protocol as a public publishing and identity surface, and in Hypercerts/EAS-compatible projections as ways for claims to travel into Ethereum-adjacent ecosystems. The earlier Ethereum Intents discussion is a good place to reconnect that thread. But compatibility is not the same as migration, and I do not think this conversation commits Regen to moving chains.
Regen’s sovereign chain still has real utility precisely because x/data, ecocredit primitives, governance, and validator relationships can form an accountable home for ecological claims. One compelling future is therefore not “Cosmos or Ethereum,” but a bioregional hub model: locally governed nodes or hubs that keep place-based knowledge and authority close to the communities involved, while publishing portable proofs and claims into wider networks when useful. The conversations on bioregional validators and Regen’s PoA direction both matter here.
KOI can help bind this together as shared, source-linked context rather than a central database; the Regen KOI thread gives newcomers an entry point. I would love to see each work item eventually carry a portable claim graph plus a public accountability history: mandate, evidence, review, challenge, settlement, and ecological follow-through.
Thank you for pushing this into reality. The combination of work-first economics, portable claims, and place-rooted accountability feels genuinely fertile.